Friday, April 01, 2005

Paw-etry

Many times have I actually experienced how God uses regular human beings like me, my friends, family and loved ones to inspire, to move and to keep in touch with me.

Sometimes though I get too blinded to see God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and even Mary working with me through others or even through myself. Let me share though one recent event wherein I felt and saw the grace of the Blessed Mother. An event which rekindled the fire of the Spirit within me and awakened me and reminded me of a covenant I almost forgot about.


I Sat Beside Mary
-=icewulf=-

`Twas early in the afternoon.
The sun was bright and the sky was clear.
Pen and paper I held in my hands.
As I sat on the carpet by a wooden chair.
I had a short day at work
Yet I was tired nonetheless.
And I still had a full day ahead of me
But I did not care less.
For I sat beside Mary
Yes she sat next to me.

I had a storm of problems to think of.
I had bills that had to be paid.
Got issues that needed to be dealt with.
There were people to talk to and things to say.
I had an unkept room
Plus a ton of laundry.
I had an entire house to tidy
Yet I did not worry.
Because I sat beside Mary
Oh how blessed could I be?!

`Twas Good Friday and I was in dismay.
My Brother died that day.
The world was in tears
And all I could do was pray.
Darkness clouded my mind as I thought of His death.
My veins ran dry and my feet were cold and wet.
My guilt filled me up and my heart was heavy.
But I sat beside Mary
And she consoled me,
`He`ll be back this Sunday sweetie.`


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joseph of Arimathea & Mary the Mother of God

Pards, thanks for being the miracle.

...but I sat beside Mary and she changed me.